We all know that organizations don’t change, people do. Below you can find a very inspiring TEd talk about how to put people first during change and transitions.
The summary of the five way:
- Inspire through purpose. Have a clear why in the organisation and why the transition is needed (The “A” in ADKAR)
- Go all in. The change / transition should not only about cutting costs. Take initiatives that enable you to win in the medium term and drive growth. Take actions that fundamentally change the way the company operates and invest in leadership and talents
- Enable people with the capabilities they need to success during the transition
- When change is a constant you need to instill a culture of continuous learning and have a growth mindset
- Inclusive leadership is crucial when putting people first. This is the way to win the hearts and mind of the people