Hi, my name is Marcel Chaudron and I’m the founder and blogger of rocknchange.com. I have a great passion and interest for change management ; business change & transformation but also personal change and in particular the psychology behind people’s behaviour during change events.
In my 19 years of (digital) experience I spend the last 10 years working with change and operational excellence across Europe. From implementing a CRM system across 18 markets, updating all business processes and large organisational change like merging local and support teams.
Besides working with all common change management models like ADKAR, Kotter and Lewin, I have a strong background in the psychology behind change management and especially working with The Elephant and the Rider metaphor. We must have an intimate understanding of the human side of change management.
My favourite change management related books
- Switch by Chip & Dan Heath
- Who moved my cheese by Spencer Johnson
- ADKAR by Jeffrey M Hiatt
- The happiness hypotheses by Jonathan Haidt
- Leading change by john kotter
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Drive by Daniel H. Pink
- Positive by Barbara Fredrickson
- Enchantment by Guy Kawasaki
I have experience with the following change management models
- ADKAR model
- Lewin’s change management model
- McKinsey’s 7-S model
- Kotter’s theory
- Kubler-Ross’ change curve
- Elephant & the Rider
During my time as Director Operational Excellence I became familiar with the most common process models whereby we combined Kaizen, Lean and Six Sigma – Lean, reduce waste by streamlining the process. Six Sigma, reduce defects by effectively solving problems. Lean Six Sigma, solving problems and improving processes faster and more efficient
- Six Sigma (DMAIC) – Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control
- Scrum / Kaban
My change management experience
- Working as COO, VP Affiliate, group client service director, Product Director and Director Operational Excellence
- Leading all change management & Operational excellence programs across Europe
- Successfully implemented (technically) and deployed (usages) of a new CRM (MS Dynamics) system across +500 employees and 18 European markets
- Business owner
- Requirements analyst
- Global change leader for the local deployment and acceptance – designed and delivered the training
- Coaching and support the local change leaders
- Organisational change – Decided and successfully dismantled a centralised support organisation from Telford (90 FTE’s) and transformed all these tasks parallel back into our local offices.
- Change sales culture and mindset of the sales teams
- Merged two organisations, Affiliate and Technology into one organisation in each of the local markets
- Introduced Objective and Key results (OKR) across the whole organisation so that all employees understand the company objectives and how their day to day actions are contributing towards these objectives
- Successfully transformed the support mindset to a value creating and growth mindset to create smarter results for our clients
- Implemented the ideal local organisation to maximise growth, contribution & profitability across all teams in Europe
- Managed to focus on program profitability. Reviewed all programs and time spend to maximise profitability for all our programs with a strong focus on value creating tasks. Defined and implemented the client life cycle process
- Defined and implemented together with a strategy team a new company wide strategy
- Reviewed and implemented business processes across all business unites to drive efficiencies
- Implemented a product life cycle, from Idea to end of life
- Implemented a 10 step sales, delivery and support process
- Defined my own ‘tiger team’ with high profiled employees to drive the necessary change in the company. Conduct a situation analysis, change impact & risk analysis
- Part of the strategic learning process of the new management team, defining and executing the new company strategy
- Worked with lean six sigma, strategic learning and followed the “elephant and the rider” principle in change management
My future plans are to become a certified PROSCI® change management practitioner, get my lean six sigma black belt and start a master in psychology.
Ohh and yes, I have a private life. I’m married and have three amazing kids. I’m interested in positive psychology, drummer in a power meal band and get my energy during my weekly running sessions.
For questions or suggestions drop me an email via marcel @rocknchange.com